Spark Detection & Extinguish
BS&B SparkEx® Spark Detection & Extinguishing System Prevent Fire and Explosion in Industrial Processes
- Spark Detection, Flame Detection and Hot Particle Detection
- Extinguish Without Stopping Production.
- Prevent Fire and Explosion Risks in DownstreamEquipment
- Activate Alarm and Control Systems
- A Flexible Modular Design Allows for up-to-34 systemsto be monitored through modular expansion
- Wide-range of operating temperatures from 70°C (158ºF)to 200º (392°F)
- Battery pack included for backup power in the event ofan electrical outage
- Trace Heating Available for Water Extinguishing inExtremely Cold Conditions
Protection You Can Count On
The BS&B SparkEx Spark Detection and Extinguishing System is designed to detect hot particles, sparks and flame that might become the ignition source for a fire or explosion if allowed to travel on through pneumatic ducting and conveyors towards other materials handling equipment. A few hot particles entering a dust collector handling a combustible dust are enough to trigger a dust explosion. Smoldering combustible solid conveyed into a storage silo can become the nucleus of a raging fire.
Reduce Fire and Explosion Risks
Using infrared detectors, the BS&B SparkEx Spark Detection and Extinguishing System, searches for elevated temperature particles. When hot material is detected, the BS&B SparkEx System provides many options to manage the ignition risk:
- Activate water spray nozzles placed downstream of the detection point of hot particles.
- Activate automated shut-down of the process to end the feed of combustible material.
- Provide a signal to activate other control devices shut-off valves.
The BS&B SparkEx Spark Detection & Extinguishing System operates in a continuous automatic mode with all of its critical circuits supervised to raise an immediate alarm in case of application difficulties.
- Uses highly accurate type SDN or SDD Sensors for spark detection as well as flames, and hot particles
- SDN/SDD Sensors activate control circuits connected to the automatic water extinguishing module
- The extinguishing module extinguishes sparks and hot particles
- Production continues while the BS&B SparkEx System extinguishes sparks
- Power Plants
BS&B SparkEx System Components
Control Panel (Optional)
Spark Indicator SDN
Booster System (Optional)
Automatic Extinguishing Module
Control Unit, Type DC 1